Dec 11, 2015
Fault Lines Links – 2 Louisiana Cops Indicted In The Shooting Of Jeremy Mardis
Dec. 11, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Morning folks, the links this morning:
- A grand jury indicted Louisiana Officers Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Derrick Stafford in the fatal shooting of 6-year old Jeremy Mardis last month. The officers were charged with second-degree murder in the Mardis’ death and attempted second-degree murder in the shooting and critical wounding of his father, Christopher Few.
- Former Suffolk County Police Chief James Burke has been indicted for allegedly assaulting Christopher Loeb in 2012 and conspiracy to obstruct a federal investigation into the attack. Loeb had been arrested for breaking into the officer’s vehicle. Burke is accused of beating Loeb while he was handcuffed and pressuring other officers present to cover it up.
- Former Oklahoma Officer Daniel Holtzclaw was found guilty on 18 of 36 charges of assault and rape of 13 black women while on duty. The sentencing is expected to take place next month.
- A verdict is expected on Monday in the trial of Chicago Police Commander Glenn Evans on charges of official misconduct and aggravated battery of Rickey J. Williams in 2013.
- Robert Pickett and Darryl Lewis shot and wounded by LA Officer Mike Bollinger in 2011 have filed a complaint. Bollinger was responding to a call of an armed home invasion, appeared at the property and ‘without warning’ shot at the two men multiple times.
- Video footage has emerged showing the non-fatal shooting of Nantharath Thilavans by Newport, OR, officers on Wednesday. The officers were responding to a call of an unwanted person on the property and encountered a combative Thilavans armed with an unknown ‘dangerous’ weapon. Thilavans remains in critical condition.
- The video showing the shooting of Heriberto Nava-Martinez by Farmington, NM, Officer David Rock in September was released. Nava-Martinez was under arrest and in a hospital for blood tests, when he lunged at Rock and reportedly reached for the his gun.
- Two Hemet, CA, officers shot and killed an ‘agitated’ man in a vehicle on Thursday after he allegedly produced a handgun.
- A man was shot dead outside Algoma Town Hall by Oshkosh, WI, officers on Thursday. No further details have been released.