Mar 23, 2016
Fault Lines Links – Austin PD To Fire Officer Geoffrey Freeman Over Fatal Shooting Of Teen (CORRECTED)
Mar. 23, 2016 (Mimesis Law) — Good morning folks. Your links today:
- Off-duty Texas Officer Geoffrey Freeman, who shot and killed naked 17-year old David Joseph is set to be fired by the Austin police department. Unarmed Joseph was shot by Freeman last month after he allegedly charged at him and made him fear for his life.
- Teenager Robert Dentmond was shot dead by Gainesville, FL, officers after they encountered him holding a replica gun on Monday.
- Map Kong was fatally shot by Burnsville, NC, officers on Friday after he confronted them with a knife outside a fast food restaurant.
- 76-year old Ralph Grenon was shot and killed by Burlington, VT, police on Monday after he displayed “threatening behavior” and charged at officers with knives. Grenon, who was living in a senior citizens facility had been suffering deteriorating mental health before the incident.
- The Department of Justice and the city of Ferguson reached a settlement over racist police practices. Ferguson agreed to a series of reforms put forward by the DOJ.
Note: A previous version of this article misidentified the Austin, TX police officer.