Feb 9, 2016
Fault Lines Links – CA Cop Who Hid, Dismissed Shooting Is Fired
Feb. 9, 2016 (Mimesis Law) — Morning everybody, here’s what you need to know:
- Paradise, CA, Officer Patrick Feaster was dismissed on Monday. His firing is believed to be in connection to his shooting of Andrew Thomas last December. Footage of the chaotic aftermath of a car crash revealed that Feaster did not immediately report ‘accidentally’ shooting Thomas to other officers on the scene and even dismissed Thomas’ pleas for medical assistance. Thomas was left paralyzed from the gunshot wound and later died from his injuries.
- Baltimore police chief Kevin Davis has fired Officer Fabien Laronde who has a history of misconduct allegations while on-duty. Most recently he was being investigated internally for leaving a gun near a prisoner.
- An unidentified 18-year old black man was shot dead by an Austin police officer on Monday. The police chief stated that the man allegedly charged at the officer. Few other details have been released.
- Delaware officers fatally shot Shalamar Longer on Monday after a high speed chase where he allegedly brandished a gun. His cousin Asmar Longer, a passenger in the vehicle, was also wounded.
- Officer Buntha Kieng shot and wounded an allegedly armed Timothy Crowley during a home invasion on Saturday in Lowell, MA.