Feb 8, 2016
Fault Lines Links – Chicago Cop Who Shot Quintonio LeGrier Sues His Estate For $10M
Feb. 8, 2016 (Mimesis Law) — Hi people, here’s what you need to know this morning:
- Chicago Officer Robert Rialto, who shot dead Quintonio LeGrier and Bettie Jones on New Year’s Eve, is suing the teen’s estate for $10 million claiming the incident caused him emotional distress.
- A Cleveland judge ruled that the jury award of $5.5 million in the fatal shooting of Kenny Smith was excessive. Smith’s family will have 15 days to accept an award of $4 million instead. Smith was shot dead by off-duty cop Roger Jones during a traffic stop in 2012 for allegedly reaching into his car for a gun.
- The FBI is investigating the police shooting of Bruce Kelley in Pittsburgh last week. Kelley was shot dead by officers after scuffling with police and stabbing a police dog.
- Police in Ocoee, FL responded to the wrong house on a domestic disturbance called, shot up the wrong house anyway.
- Police in Mesa, AZ shot and killed Daniele Jacobs, known worldwide for viral videos depicting her struggle with Asperger’s Syndrome, responding to a disturbance at her apartment. Police claim Jacobs brandished a knife.