Aug 6, 2015
Fault Lines Links: Cincinnati Ends UCPD Street Patrols, Homan Square Exposed
Aug. 6, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Good morning, people.
- Cincinnati City Council Committee voted to terminate University of Cincinnati Police Dept street patrols. It will also launch an investigation into traffic stops performed by UCPD. According to information obtained by a local Fox affiliate, UCPD basically tripled traffic stops in the last three years. According to Cincinnati Police Chief Jeffrey Blackwell, “it may be something that looks bad, but isn’t bad.” Got it.
- A new report from The Guardian shows that since September 2004 over 3,500 Americans (over 80% black) were held in a secretive interrogation facility in Chicago. People were held for hours to days at Homan Square without legal access. Ghoulish.
- The police dashcam video in the Randall Kerrick trial has been released.
- Here’s a video of a police officer pulling a gun on a man filming him on his cell phone in San Francisco.
- Wojciech Braszczok, the undercover cop who participated in the rash of bikers attacking an SUV driver in New York City a couple of years back, was sentenced to two years in prison for his role in the incident.