Oct 13, 2015
Fault Lines Links – Gruesome Video Shows Ajibade Restrained And Tasered
Oct. 13, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Welcome back folks, here’s what you need to know this morning:
- NBC News has published video of Matthew Ajibade being tasered in the groin while strapped in a restraint chair. Abijade was found dead the next morning.
- A black councilman, Jonathan Miller, was tasered and arrested by white officers for allegedly resisting arrest and interfering with police in Texas. Video footage of the incident shows Miller on his knees and cooperating with police.
- Two external investigators looking into the death of 12 year old Tamir Rice by Cleveland police officer Timothy Loehmann concluded that the officers’ actions were reasonable.
- Atlanta Hawks player Thabo Sefolosha was found not guilty of misdemeanor obstructing government administration, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after a confrontation with NYPD left him with a fractured leg.
- New York City settled a wrongful death lawsuit with the family of Byron Hearst for $500,000. Officer Shamik Walton shot Hearst three times in a residential building in 2005 when he allegedly reached for the officer’s gun.
- The family of Jamal Mallard seek answers from Jackson PD after Mallard was found unresponsive in a holding cell on Sunday two hours after being arrested for petty larceny.
- The family of Charles K. Goodridge questioned police actions as video footage emerged showing Goodridge left bleeding on the ground without medical assistance for over 15 minutes after being shot twice by an off-duty officer in July 2014.