Aug 14, 2015
Fault Lines Links: LA To Pay Massive Settlement For Eriza’s Death
Aug. 14, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Happy Friday, people. Hot links coming through…
- LA will pay $15 million in a settlement to the mother of Royahent Gomez Eriza. 13 year old Eriza was fatally shot by police while playing with a pellet gun in 2010.
- Tony Robinson’s mother has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit over her son’s death at the hands of Wisconsin officer Matt Kenny in March. Kenny shot Robinson five times upon entering an apartment to investigate a disturbance and discovering the young man acting “erratically” while high on magic mushrooms. Kenny was cleared on all charges. The lawsuit alleges that Kenny lied to police during the investigation into his actions to make his use of force seem justified.
- Federal officials open civil rights probe into Zachary Hammond’s death that will run in parallel to the state’s investigation.
- Newly released documents show that Ralkina Jones may have been improperly medicated prior to her death in police custody.
- It has emerged that Ferguson interim police chief, Andre Anderson, was suspended three times in one year in his previous position and served with an order of protection for allegedly hitting a woman.
- ACLU Legal Observer has filed a federal civil lawsuit against Ferguson police claiming he was arrested and detained without probable cause. Mustafa Abdullah was providing legal assistance to protesters shutting down I-70 as part of the Moral Monday protests.
- Connecticut State Supreme Court rules 4 to 3 in favor of abolishing the death penalty.