Oct 28, 2015
Fault Lines Links – No Criminal Charges For Officer Who Shot And Killed Zachary Hammond
Oct. 28, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Morning folks, your morning update:
- Seneca, SC Officer Mark Tiller will not face criminal charges in the shooting of Zachary Hammond even as video footage contradicting his version of events has surfaced.
- A Cuyahoga County grand jury has been hearing testimony in the police shooting of Tamir Rice over the last few weeks. The jurors will evaluate whether criminal charges should be brought against the officers involved.
- Federal authorities have opened a civil rights investigation into the incident at Spring Valley High involving the use of force by Officer Ben Fields on an unknown female black student. Niya Kelly, a fellow classmate, was arrested and held on a $1,000 bond for filming the assault on her cellphone.
- A civil grand jury proceeding has begun hearing evidence in the killing of Kevin Davis by a DeKalb Officer Joseph Pitts in December last year. Davis was waiting for police to arrive after his girlfriend had been stabbed, when an officer arrived on the scene and fired almost immediately after a command was made for Davis to drop his weapon.
- Former Officer Dominique Perez who was involved in the shooting of James Boyd has been fired from the Albuquerque Police Department. Perez is facing second degree murder charges in connection with Boyd’s death.
- An autopsy report has concluded that Richard Carden fatally wounded by Knoxville, TN, Officer David Gerlach in 2014, was running away when Gerlach shot him six times.