Jul 24, 2015
Fault Lines Links: NYPD’s “Quality of Life” Offensive, Paul Castaway, Sandra Bland
July 24, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Happy Friday, people. Here’s what we’re watching.
- Here’s a real paragraph, from a real newspaper – “As part of its “quality of life” offensive, the NYPD has installed a “SkyWatch” observation booth in Tompkins Square Park, where The Post recently revealed that hordes of homeless people were ruining the place for everyone else.”
- The police officer who shot mentally ill Native American Paul Castaway has been identified. There’s surveillance footage contradicting the police’s account, but it will not be released as it is part of an internal investigation.
- Police fatally shot a “disruptive” man at Arby’s in Thursday nigh in Plymouth, Minnesota.
- Prosecutors in Waller County, Texas say Sandra Bland’s injuries were consistent with suicide.
- A van full of NYPD cops blew a stop sign and hit sober driver Oliver Wiggins. Then they tried to cover it up by framing Wiggins on a DUI charge (as one does).
And here’s your Friday Video wherein a local reporter solves arson mystery on live TV.