Jul 30, 2015
Fault Lines Links: U of C Cops, Samuel Forgy, Paul Castaway Protests
July 30, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Good Godaddy-is-still-working morning, campers. Here are your links!
- Buzzfeed put out a very interesting article on the University of Cincinnati’s public safety department. The University has paid out $3 million to settle the deaths of three black men at the hands of their police officers since 1997.
- Boulder police shot and killed 22-year old Samuel Forgy. He is believed to have been naked, wielding a knife and on LSD. He is also said to have been about to jump off a balcony.
- Denver PD arrest two female demonstrators during a Paul Castaway protest, but fail to arrest the SUV driver who drove into them. What is it with people running over protesters?
- A Dallas cop has been arrested after being caught shoplifting numerous times in uniform.
- New Jersey Attorney General John Hoffman has announced that all state troopers are to wear body cameras.
- A Ferguson prisoner brutally beaten by cops while handcuffed has won his appeal to bring suit against the police department. The cops had attempted to charge the prisoner with “Property Damage” after he bled on their uniforms.