Nov 18, 2015
Fault Lines Links – Video Shows SF Officers Brutally Beating Stanislav Petrov
Nov. 18, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Hi folks, your news update this morning:
- Security footage has surfaced showing Alameda County officers brutally beating Stanislav Petrov, a carjacking suspect in San Francisco. Two public defenders have called for charges to be brought against the officers involved.
- The city of Tempe, AZ, has settled a lawsuit alleging excessive police force in 2012 for $237,500. Aden Ali suffered several injuries following an altercation with police who had intervened after an argument with a taxi passenger become violent.
- A video showing the violent arrest of Maurice Moore in Virginia in 2013 has been released. According to court documents, Moore had been arrested for littering.
- Jamar Clark who was shot by Minneapolis police over the weekend has died. The mayor has requested a federal investigation into his death.
- Florida state attorney has ruled that the killing of 16 year old Kendre Alston by Officer JC Nobles earlier this year was justified. Alston was running from a stolen car when he was shot by Nobles.
- A report claims that the Pasadena Police Department did not conduct a full investigation following the shooting of Jeremy McDade by Officers Matthew Griffin and Jeffrey Newlen in 2012.
- The trial of Nassau Officer Vincent LoGiudice began on Tuesday. LoGiudice has pleaded not guilty to felony and misdemeanor assault charges in connection with his encounter with Kyle Howell in April 2014.