Oct 27, 2015
Fault Lines Links – Videos Show Officer Slamming Black Student in Classroom
Oct. 27, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Hot links this morning:
- School resource officer Ben Fields was suspended after a video surfaced showing him slamming a young black student in a classroom in Spring Valley, South Carolina. Other videos of the incident have emerged.
- Former St Louis prosecutor Bliss Barber Worrell admitted to covering up a brutal assault on a suspect by a police detective in July 2014. The details were revealed in a guilty plea agreement and Worrell is now facing felony misprision charges.
- The family of John Paul Quintero filed a $10 million federal lawsuit against the City of Wichita. Unarmed Quintero was shot dead by a Wichita officer in January when he became “belligerent” and reached for his waistband. His father claims that Quintero had his hands up and his back to officers.
- California officers responding to a domestic violence call shot Dominic Hutchinson dead on Saturday. The department is withholding details of the incident including whether the suspect was armed. The officers involved have been put on leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
- A car thief suspect was shot and killed by Maryland State Trooper William B. Jansen on Monday, after pinning an officer inside his vehicle and fleeing on foot. Police claim a large knife was found on the suspect, however no further details have been released.
- Off duty Denver officer Patric Stanton shot and injured motorcyclist Jeremy Golden in a suspected road rage incident. Golden, who suffered a dislocated thumb, denies any confrontation with the officer.