Oct 29, 2015
Fault Lines Links – Witnesses Dispute Cops’ Account Of Missouri Teen’s Death
Oct. 29, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Good morning, what you need to know this morning:
- 18 year old Amonderez Green suffered a gunshot wound to the face after exchanging gunfire with police in Normandy, MO on Wednesday. Police claim the teen was suicidal and shot himself, however witnesses claim an officer shot him in the face at close range.
- San Diego Officer Paul Rorrisson shot and killed an unarmed black man after a struggle where he claims the man reached for his gun.
- A grand jury in DeKalb County, GA is set to rule on Thursday on whether two officers involved in separate shootings should be prosecuted. Officer Joseph Pitts shot Kevin Davis allegedly without giving him an opportunity to obey police orders to drop his weapon. Unarmed Anthony Hill was shot dead by Officer Robert Olsen when he allegedly charged at the officer.
- South Carolina Officer Ben Fields has been fired following the incident at Spring Valley High where he knocked a student out of her chair and threw her across a classroom.
- Black LA Officer Lamarck Ferguson has filed a lawsuit against the city claiming that he was retaliated against for complaining that a white colleague wrongly stopped him multiple times as he was driving off-duty.
- Minnesota Officers Peter Buzicky and Richard Wegner were fired for violently assaulting a young black teen with autism whom they suspected was intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.