Jul 28, 2015
Fault Lines Links: Zachary Hammond, Ralkina Jones, KKK Mural
July 28, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Good morning. Here’s the day’s links.
- 19 year old Zachary Hammond was fatally shot by police in Seneca, South Carolina during a traffic stop on Sunday. The officer reports that he discharged his weapon twice while fearing for his life when the teenager drove towards him.
- Ralkina Jones found dead in her jail cell on Sunday in Cleveland, Ohio. She was arrested following an argument with her ex-husband at his workplace. She was taken to a health clinic on Saturday night and was found unresponsive in her cell in the morning. This is happening a lot.
- A petition urging for a 135 ft courthouse mural in Northern Florida depicting the KKK to be removed is making the rounds because Northern Florida.
- Newark mayor, Ras Baraka, likened to a gorilla in a Facebook post between two police officers.
- Stephen Lebert, a plainclothes detective in Medford, MA, was placed on administrative leave after being caught on a dash cam threatening to kill the driver. The man had mistakenly driven up a street the wrong way when the detective charges towards him in an aggressive manner. Profanity and incivility ensues.
- Approximately 800 Brooklyn cops beat the stuffing out of a suspect arrested for trespassing at Target. Warning: the video is fairly brutal.
- A police officer in Oxnard, CA shot and killed Meagan Hockaday while responding to a domestic violence call. The officer claims she lunged at him with a knife – further details to be released.
- Patricia Cameron burned a Confederate flag on her grill on 4th July in Colorado. Police arrived 3 weeks later at midnight to arrest her. Smells like intimidation.
- Police officer’s son assaults man filming an arrest during ride along in Indiana.
Main image via FOX Carolina/Hammond Family.