Apr 4, 2016
Fault Lines Links – Jamar Clark’s Family To File Wrongful Death Suit
Apr. 4, 2016 (Mimesis Law) — Happy Monday, your links this morning:
- Jamar Clark’s family announced they will file a wrongful death suit against the Minneapolis police department. Clark was shot in the head while handcuffed by two officers in November 2015. Authorities announced last week that no charges would be brought against the officers who shot him.
- A video emerged of white Aiken, SC, officers accused of conducting illegal searches of two black people including a cavity search. The officers involved pulled over Lakeya Hicks and Elijah Pontoon for an alleged traffic infraction and after finding no contraband performed a public cavity search on Pontoon. Read Mario’s take here.
- The NAACP is pushing for charges to be brought against Blytheville, AK, officers caught on camera forcibly removing Patrick Newbern from his car after he fled a traffic stop, tasing him and spraying chemical agent on him.
- Butler, NJ, police searching for an alleged robbery suspect, shot and killed a man on Thursday. No further details have been released and an investigation is underway.
- Former Pasco Officer Richard Aguirre accused of killing Ruby Doss in 1986 has had his motion to drop charges denied on Friday and will proceed to trial.
- Mansfield, TX, Officer Mike Garn’s trial is set to start on Monday. Garn is charged with various counts including dereliction of duty, burglary, menacing by stalking, tampering with evidence, sexual battery and public indecency.