Apr 14, 2016
Fault Lines Links – LA Cop Not Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Unarmed Brendon Glenn
Apr. 14, 2016 (Mimesis Law) — Good morning, guys. Here’s what we’re looking at today.
- A civilian oversight board found that LAPD Officer Clifford Proctor was not justified for shooting and killing Brendon Glenn last year. Investigators who reviewed footage of the incident concluded that Glenn was on his stomach attempting to redress himself when Proctor shot him several times in the back.
- Former NYPD Officer Brendan Cronin was sentenced to nine years in prison for randomly firing 14 shots into a vehicle while off-duty and intoxicated in 2014. Cronin had been charged with two counts of attempted murder, two counts of assault and a DWI for firing the 14 shots hitting Joseph Felice inside the car six times.
- Dion Avila, a alleged bank robbery suspect, was shot dead in his vehicle Tuesday by Denver police as they were attempting to serve a warrant. Concerns have been raised as to the officers’ decision to shoot since it emerged that Avila was unarmed and sitting in his car.
- A mayoral task force has accused the Chicago PD of institutional racism following the recent shooting of 16-year old Pierre Loury on Tuesday.
- A study conducted by The Guardian revealed that numerous police shootings have been found justified without notification to the public, raising concerns of transparency.