Mar 25, 2016
Fault Lines Links – Lawyers Release Bodycam Footage Of Fresno Cops Killing Freddy Centeno
Mar. 25, 2016 (Mimesis Law) — Happy Friday everybody, your links this morning:
- Lawyers released the body cam footage of Fresno Officers Zebulon Price and Felipe Miguel Lucero fatally shooting mentally ill Freddy Centeno last year. It shows the officers exiting their vehicles, shouting commands and, within a few seconds, shooting Centeno. The officers claim they believe Centeno was reaching for a gun.
- Pasco, WA, Coroner announced that the delayed inquest into Antonio Zambrano-Montes police shooting death in 2015 is set to begin in April. Washington officers Adam Wright and Adrian Alaniz were found to be acting in accordance with Pasco PD procedures when they shot dead Antonio Zambrano-Montes in February this year. The man had been throwing rocks at the officers when they discharged their weapons at him 17 times, hitting Zambrano-Montes at least 5 times.
- Witnesses have come forward to contradict the Memphis police account of the fatal shooting of a mentally ill man this week. The witnesses claim that the man was unarmed at the time of the confrontation. The names of the victim and officers have not yet been released.
- An Alabama judge decided to let a grand jury review the police shooting of Greg Gunn in February. Montgomery, AL, Officer Aaron Smith was charged with murder in connection with the shooting of unarmed Gunn last week. Smith allegedly confronted Gunn who was holding a paint roller because he looked “suspicious”.
- A man was shot and killed by Pawtucket, RI, police on Thursday. Authorities have launched an investigation into the incident and it remains unclear who fired the first shot.