Dec 18, 2015
Fault Lines Links – Bodycam Footage Shows Paradise Cop Hiding, Dismissing Shooting
Dec. 18, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Morning everybody, here’s what you need to know:
- New gruesome police bodycam footage was released showing the chaotic aftermath of the car crash and police shooting of Andrew Thomas by Paradise, CA, Officer Patrick Feaster. It confirms that Feaster did not immediately report ‘accidentally’ shooting Thomas to other officers on the scene and even dismissed Thomas’ plees for medical assistance. Thomas was left paralyzed from the gunshot wound. Authorities previously announced that Feaster won’t face charges in connection with the shooting.
- Donovan Duran claims he has been left paralyzed after being brutally beaten by La Junta, CO, police earlier this month. Duran alleges that after he was handcuffed and arrested for disorderly conduct, officers threw him down and beat him.
- An Iowa regulatory board announced that it will initiate proceedings against law enforcement agencies for refusing to release the police video and records of the fatal shooting of Autumn Steele in January. Officer Jesse Hill intending to shoot Steele’s dog, mistakenly shot her instead.
- The trial date for the wrongful death suit of Sandra Bland has been set for January 23, 2017.
- Former Pelham, MA, police chief Edward Fleury is set to go on trial in March 2016 for pulling a gun on his friend. In 2011, he was acquitted of involuntary manslaughter for shooting dead an 8-year old boy with an Uzi at a gun expo.
- Baltimore police shot dead ‘suicidal’ Jeffrey Gene Evans wielding knives on Monday after tasers failed to subdue him.