Dec 23, 2015
Fault Lines Links – San Diego Releases Video of Cops Killing Fridoon Rawshad Nehad
Dec. 23, 2015 (Mimesis Law) — Morning folks, your links today:
- Authorities in San Diego released some gruesome surveillance footage of the police shooting death of unarmed Fridoon Rawshan Nehad. San Diego Officer Neal Browder shot and killed Nehad in April after he brandished what appeared to be a knife, but later turned out to be a pen.
- Hung Lam was awarded $11.3 million in a civil rights suit against the city of San Jose. Lam was left paralyzed after he was shot by San Jose Officer Dondi West in 2014. West had claimed Lam charged at her with a knife, however witnesses reported that West shot him while his back was turned.
- The trial of Virginia Officer Stephen Rankin in the shooting death of William Chapman earlier this year has been delayed until March 2016.
- The FBI announced that it will not review the killing of Michael Ireland by Springfield, CO, Officer Andrew Bath in February this year. Ireland was shot following a confrontation where Bath claims the man reached for his waistband.
- A jury found that the city of Medford was not negligent in the police shooting death of 18 year old Elias Angel Ruiz in 2012. Ruiz charged at officers whilst armed with a butcher knife leading them to shoot.