Nov 15, 2014
Links that make us go “hmmm”
Stuff we are thinking about this week….
- JD Match and Right Profile put out a study that tries to leverage data and analytics in law firm hiring decisions. Check it out: “Assessing Lawyer Traits & Finding a Fit for Success.”
- Another story on how in house legal departments are ramping up to take more work away from outside counsel. Note, however, Ron Friedmann’s quote at the end. Interesting.
- Latham raids O’Melveny for six high-octane sports, media and entertainment lawyers. Big move in a scorching lateral market.
- Wiley Rein spins off its bankruptcy group. Sad, but not surprising given the dearth of bankruptcy work out there.
- We have a management shake-up at DLA Piper. Reminder: we had Roger Meltzer on the show a couple of weeks back.
- More partner defections at Edwards Wildman, this time in Hong Kong.