Sep 4, 2014
Links that make us go “hmmm”
Stuff we are thinking about this week…
- Akin Gump has snagged Bingham McCutchen’s UK restructuring group
- Porzio just took Squire Patton’s DC-based IP group
- Chicago based Hinshaw & Culbertson is merging with LA based Barger & Wolen to create one of the nation’s largest insurance law practices.
- Freshfields made two really interesting hires to run their M&A and finance groups in the United States.
- India’s largest law firm opened their 8th office. It’s in Gurgaon, a mid-sized city that I’ve never heard of. Apparently, it’s near New Delhi, has a population just shy of 1 million and boasts the third highest income per capita in the country. Now you know…
- Allen & Overy opened an office in South Africa.