LOL. No Comment.
You and I will never write a tweet anywhere close to this. But it’s still pronounced jiff.
- Really interesting article
from The Economist on the slow but steady encroachment of the Big 4 onto BigLaw’s turf. Read this.
- Citigroup wants law firms to be more forthcoming about when they get hacked, but doesn’t really acknowledge that doing so would be like committing suicide.
- Squire Patton Boggs fell short of their revenue targets for 2014. Looks like they got snagged on some conflicts issues out of the merger.
- I’m always interested in keeping tabs on who and what gets an ABS license in the UK. This time it’s an HR consultancy and pensions provider.
- Gibson Dunn is backing away from a total mess with one of its partners in Dubai.
- Jenner Block opens its first office outside of the US.
- Every now and then there’s an associate bonus story worth reading. Mayer Brown associates outside of the NYC office are apparently ‘livid’ over this year’s results. Really quite interesting.
Gaston Kroub launched The Markman Note, our weekly rundown of interesting developments at the intersection of investing and IP law. Video to come…
Sidenote: Mike Render from RTJ also published this excellent piece in Vox yesterday on prosecutors going after defendants for rap lyrics as admissions of guilt. He kinda owned the Internet for the day…